Welcome to Debbie Fontenot Physical Therapy & Wellness
From its Lafayette location, Debbie Fontenot Physical Therapy & Wellness provides physical therapy for Lafayette, Carencro, New Iberia, Opelousas and Youngsville Louisiana
Debra G. Fontenot has been practicingphysical therapy since 1974, maintaining a high standard of patient care for Lafayette and the surrounding areas. She provides physical therapy, rehabilitative services, and wellness consulting; for the alleviation of various types of physical conditions including: personal injury, work related injury, injury occurring from automobile accidents and those of age related degenerative changes. This may include, but not limited, to someone with:
- Spinal Conditions of the Neck and Back
- Temporomandibular Joint
- Balance Loss
- Total Joint Replacements
- Neurological Impairments
- Cerebral Vascular Accidents
She has experience with all ages from infants to nonagenarians.
Her philosophy in patient care is holistic in nature. She evaluates the whole person in the following manner: first from the prospective of the injured body part, then secondly relative to its effect on areas below and above the involved site.
- She considers that the pain syndrome might be associated to splinted posturing, and/or improper biomechanics used in the work environment or at home.
- She considers the level of physical exercise they enjoy, and their past medical history that might have some impact on recovery.
- She understands that stress has an influence on healing. Her emotional support is compassionate and supportive for each individual patient.